July 23, 2014
Upcoming Events/Consumer Shows 2014
Updated: Jul 11 The following are just some of the many Events & Consumer Shows being held in Toronto, but are well worth going to see. Please remember to always check their website or call ahead as details may have changed since published here.
Jul 4-25, 2014: Fridays 6-11pm
Cultura is a free weekly Friday night festival in July that celebrates music, art, food and film. A festival that seeks to reflect the rich diversity of Toronto in a communal celebration, Cultura features unique performers and artists, international street food, creative and interactive art installations, and evening film screenings (approx 9:30 pm) under the stars in Mel Lastman Square; North York's expansive outdoor amphitheatre. See you on the Square - every Friday Night in July!
- July 4: Gravity
- July 11: 20 Feet from Stardom
- July 18: The Lego Movie
- July 24: Stories We Tell
|Location: Mel Lastman Sq, 5100 Yonge St|
|Website || Twitter || FREE|
Classic VI: Voice & Strings
Jul 25-27, 2014
The sixth installment of Harbourfront Centre’s Classical festival with musical performances by artists from Spain, Uganda, Morocco and Canada. Highlights are:
- Voice: Ramneek Singh’s performance includes semi-classical music, interactive rhythmic introductions and some Pakistani folk tunes which she performed for the film Midnight’s Children
- Strings: Kinobe, master instrumentalist from Uganda, peace ambassador at heart
- Workshops: five ukulele workshops that end in a mass concert of Toreador from Bizet’s Carmen
|Location: Harbourfront Centre, Queens Quay|
2014 AUDL Championship Weekend
July 26, 2014: 3-11pm / July 27: 1-5pm
The American Ultimate Disc League (AUDL) is the first and largest professional league for one of the fastest growing sports in North America. Founded in 2012, they currently have 17 teams playing in 3 conferences in Canada and the United States, one of which is the Toronto Rush.
The AUDL is hosting their 3rd annual Championship Weekend which expects to be an affordable, fun, and entertaining event for all. There will be 2 semi-final games on Saturday (3pm and 7pm), with the Championship game scheduled for Sunday at 1pm.
|Location: Varsity Stadium|
|Tickets || facebook || Twitter|
Jul 28-Aug 14: 11am-2pm
HorseCapades introduces horses to the young and the young at heart. This is a FREE CNE interactive horse program. Once The Ex begins (Aug 15), this attraction is still free but you must pay CNE admission.
Some of what is on offer at this event:
- Discover how a horse thinks, acts and reacts
- Experience what it is like to ride a horse
- Pet and feed a horse
- Meet a mare and foal (mother & baby horse)
- Learn about grooming and shoeing
- Take a wagon ride
- HorsePower (NEW Trick Riding Show) (2 shows daily - 11:30am & 1pm)
|Location: Horse Palace, Exhibition Placenbsp; || FREE|
Rip The Runway - Kiddies Edition
Aug 1, 2014: 6-9pm
All fashion models are between ages 4-16 yrs old. Doors open at 6pm || Show starts at 7pm. There'll also be live Soca Music! This event also raises money for families in need in Toronto.
|Location: 1967 Ellesmere Rd (inside Centennial Recreational Center)|
A Global Meditation for Peace
Aug 8, 2014: 11:30 am
Deepak Chopra and Gabrielle Bernstein will lead the live meditation and set the collective intention for inner peace; India Arie be performing live as you slip into stillness.
Studies have shown that setting an intention brings you tangibly closer to your goal. What would happen if a critical mass from around the world came together to set the shared intention for peace? Let’s find out together on August 8.
|Location: Westin Harbour Castle|
|Tickets || Website || Twitter|
The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE)
Aug 15-Sept 1, 2014
Details are still to be announced.
The following are some dates you should keep in mind:
- Buy your tickets before Opening Day and SAVE $$ (avail from Jul 25) - this special ends Aug 14
- $8 @ the Gate Opening Day Special: Grounds admission is only $8 on Friday, August 15
- $6 after 5pm: Just pay $6 after 5pm each Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs but NOT on Labour Day Monday
The following are artists performing FREE concerts (with admission) at the CNE.
- Aug 15: Down With Webster
- Aug 16: The Mavericks
- Aug 17: Kailash Kher
- Aug 19: Christopher Cross
- Aug 20: The Mighty Diamonds
- Aug 21: Jose Feliciano
- Aug 22: Platium Blonde
- Aug 24: Gord Bamford
- Aug 26: These Kids Wear Crowns & Eleven Past One & PRTY H3RO
- Aug 27: April Wine
- Aug 30: Tom Cochrane
The following are just some of the special events.
- Ribfest [Every day except Aug 18 & 25]
- Food Products Day [Aug 16]
- Kids Toonie Mondays [Aug 18 & 25]
- Food Truck Frenzy [Aug 22-24]
- Cat Show [Aug 23-24]
- Free Till 3 For 19 yrs & Under [TBA: 10am-3pm]
- Canadian International Air Show [Aug 30-Sept 1]
|Website || Superdogs video |||
Toronto Beer Week
Sept 12-20, 2014
Toronto Beer Week is a week where a number of events, dedicated to craft beer, are held to celebrate this segment of the beer industry. The many events will include beer dinners, cask beer tastings, brewing demonstrations, homebrew contests and much more, all of which you can check out via their calendar
|Event Calendar ||||Twitter #TBW2014|
Cobble Beach Concours D’Elegance •Out of Town•
Sept 13-14, 2014
Cobble Beach Golf Resort Community presents the 2nd annual Cobble Beach Concours d'Elegance.
On Saturday, the Participant tour will take place in Grey County. Sunday, the Concours will be held on the 18th fairway of Cobble Beach, this extraordinary bayside course will play host to a rich assortment of international automobiles and distinguished guests.
- Venue: Cobble Beach, Georgian Bay
- Tickets: Adult $30 (increases Sept 2)
Social Media Week Toronto
Sept 22-26, 2014
Eat to the Beat
Oct 21, 2014
Sixty of Canada’s top female chefs are donating their time and talent to create mouthwatering delicacies at this culinary fundraiser. Eat to the Beat benefits Willow Breast Cancer Support Canada.
Chef line-up: TBA (details from 2013)
The evening also includes live music, a silent auction featuring must-have items, and a raffle draw for a chance to win great prizes.
Eat to the Beat has a cornucopia of sweet & savory foods, wines, premium beers & spirits for sampling at food and drink stations positioned around Roy Thomson Hall’s outer lobby.
|Location: Roy Thomson Hall, 60 Simcoe St, Toronto|
Feature Contemporary Art Fair
Oct 23-26, 2014
This prestigious selection includes art galleries from Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, and Vancouver.
- Battat Contemporary / Birch Contemporary
- Clint Roenisch / Equinox Gallery
- galerie antoine ertaskiran / Stephen Bulger Gallery
- Galerie Division / Galerie Donald Browne
- Erin Stump Projects / Galerie Graff
- Galerie Hugues Charbonneau / Jessica Bradley Gallery
- Laroche/Joncas / Macaulay & Co. Fine Art
- Monte Clark Gallery / Galerie Nicolas Robert
- Patrick Mikhail Gallery / Galerie René Blouin
- Galerie Simon Blais / Susan Hobbs Gallery
- Galerie Trois Points / Georgia Scherman Projects
- Republic Gallery
Wed, Oct 22: 5-10pm (VIP Evening)
Thurs, Oct 23: 11am-6pm
Fri, Oct 24: 11am-8pm
Sat, Oct 25: 11am-7pm
Sun, Oct 26: 11am-5pm
* Feature: a focused showcase dedicated to leading contemporary art The Contemporary Art Galleries Association (AGAC)
|Location: Canadian Opera Company, Joey & Toby Tanenbaum Opera Centre, 227 Front St E|
|Website || facebook|
Toronto Zombie Walk
Oct 25, 2014
They will meet at Nathan Phillips Square at NOON and begin their walk of terror at 3pm. Vendors will also be there at the Square where the walk starts and finishes. Attendees will be in the area before and after the walk.
Expect a horde of approximately 10,000 zombies, as well as a large crowd of living participants in the afternoon’s activies!
Reach for the Rainbow's* 28th Annual Crystal Ball
November 8, 2014: 5:30pm
As always, the Live and Silent Auctions at the Crystal Ball will be one-of-a-kind, combining the best in technology with an array of unique merchandise. Items include exotic travel destinations, exquisite home furnishings, appliances, the latest techno-toys, and sporting equipment. There is also the Balloon Bust, purchase a balloon to win one of thousands of fantastic prizes, a new 50/50! Corporate benefits include:
- Preview of the Live and Silent Auctions at the Pre-Gala Champagne Reception
- Preferred seating (10 people per table) for optimum viewing of the evening’s entertainment and table top signage
- Gourmet meal with wine and liqueurs, complimentary bar and coat check
* Reach for the Rainbow is a non-profit organization in support of pioneering the integration of children and youth with disabilities into the mainstream of society through summer camp programs throughout Ontario.
|Location: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, 222 Bremner Blvd, South Bldg|
|Website || Twitter|
Disney on Ice: Frozen
March 18-22, 2015
Join royal sisters Elsa and Anna, the hilarious snowman Olaf, Kristoff, his loyal reindeer Sven and the mystical trolls as they journey to discover that true love is ultimately the most magical power of all!
|Location: Rogers Centre|
|Tickets: $42.05 - $61.10 || Website|
Fan Expo Canada™
Aug 28-31, 2014
Hotel specials for the fan expo are still to be announced. Other details are still to be announced as well as ticket information. Those will be posted once they become available.
|Location: Metro Toronto Convention Centre|
|Tickets - TBA (April) || Website || Twitter|
Toronto Fall Home Show
Sept 18-21, 2014
The show features over 300 renovation and home décor specialists offering advice, solutions and inspiration for a wide array of home renovation and décor projects.
Still to be announced
|Location: Better Living Centre, Exhibition Place|
|Details TBA || Website || Twitter|
Canada's Baking and Sweets Show
Sept 26-28, 2014
|Location: Toronto Congress Centre, 650 Dixon Rd, Toronto|
|Website || Twitter|
The Delicious Food Show
Oct 17-19, 2014
The Delicious Food Show is a 3-day food-lovers event designed to engage the consumer in a delicious, all food, lifestyle and entertaining experience.
The show will feature hundreds of exhibitors, cooking demos, tastings, hands-on workshops, book signings, and appearances by Food Network and international celebrity chefs.
Location: Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place (100 Princes' Blvd)
Dates/Times: Fri (10am-9pm), Sat (10am-8pm), Sun (10am-6pm)
The Everything to do with Sex Show
Oct 24-26, 2014
The Toronto Everything To Do With Sex Show is an exciting 3-day consumer adult event geared towards anyone looking to spice up their life!
If you want to see seminars, stage shows, celebrities, erotic art, the dungeon, and more, this is the perfect expo for you! Every year new elements are added to the show so there is always something for our returning attendees.
Single Day: $22.50 (online) / $25 (at the door)
Weekend Pass: $30 (online) / $35 (at the door)
Fri: 3pm-12am / Sat: 11am-12am / Sun: 11am-6pm
|Location: Direct Energy Centre (Exhibition Place)|
|Tickets || Website || Twitter|
Oct 24-26, 2014
Creativ Festival is Canada’s largest mixed media diy consumer show dedicated to the creative arts of sewing, knitting, beading, spinning, weaving, felting, quilting, crocheting, stitching, scrapbooking, crafting and other fibre, textile, needle and paper arts!
There are also hands-on workshops and seminars for all skill levels and creative interests. A star-studded line up of designers, artisans and industry experts. A great place to pick up insider tips and trade secrets.
|Location: Metro Toronto Convention Building, South Building|
|Website || Twitter|
Gourmet Food & Wine Expo
Nov 20-23, 2014
|GA:||Fri & Sun $TBA / Sat $TBA||VIP:||VIP Preview Evening [Thurs] $TBA|
|Times:||Thurs: 6-10pm [VIP Preview Evening]
|Location: Metro Toronto Convention Centre – North Building|