Jul 22, 2017 - Aug 7, 2017
The Toronto Caribbean Carnival has its Official Launch on July 11 at Nathan Phillips Sq but many of the main attractions don’t happen until mid-July and Toronto Caribana’s biggest attraction is the Parade (August 5).
Over 10,000 masquerades participate in the parade, strutting and dancing all along the 3.6 km route in fantastic costumes, to the vibrant Caribbean beats of the mas bands.
There is an Admission for Exhibition Place viewing but usually you can watch the parade along other parts of the Lakeshore Boulevard for Free.
Dates to Remember
- Jul 22: Junior Carnival — Malvern & Neilson Park [Free]
- Jul 23: OCPA Calypso Finals — Venue TBD
- Aug 3: King & Queen Show — Lamport Stadium [Ticketed]
- Aug 4: OSA Panorama/Pan Alive — Lamport Stadium
- Aug 5 (10am-8pm): Grand Parade — Exhibition Place [Ticketed]/Lakeshore Blvd [Free]
- Aug 7: Carnival in the Fort — Venue TBD
- NEW→Aug 8-12: Carnival Village — Daniel Spectrum/ Regent Park
Toronto Carnival Run – July 22 [8:00AM]: 10K and 5K run/walk and kids 1K run with a Caribbean carnival theme – Toronto Inukshuk Park, 789 Lake Shore Blvd W (near Ontario Place)