The Bentway and Build for Bokma, present CITE, a summer-long celebration of skateboard arts and culture launching on June 30 and officially opening the Skate Trail for the season!
CITE is an art installation /skatepark featuring Semblance, skateable sculptures conceived and constructed by Build for Bokma, which create a 3D terrain for boarders to ride on.
CITE Opening weekend (June 30 – July 1)
June 30: Features
- DJ sets by The Remix Project alumni
- A marketplace of local skateboard merchandise
- Pop-up film screenings from TUFF (Toronto Urban Film Festival)
- An open skate
July 1: On Canada Day, celebrate with
- Local DJ sets; live beats by Beat Sampras (7 pm) and Peanut Butter Wolf (8:30 pm)
- Skate demos and best trick showcase
- Open skate
- Meet & greet with the pros
On subsequent weekends from July 7 – August 12, 2018, CITE offers a variety of workshops including learn to skateboard clinics, building skate sculptures, videography, screen printing, and designing skateboards; plus a speaker series.
The Skate Trail with the Semblance sculptures will be open and available for skateboarding every day from 10:00 am-9:00 pm
On display now and during CITE is A FOREST OF CANOES, a site-specific installation by Lakota Sioux artist, Dana Claxton.
For more information, please visit TheBentway.ca