For the second year in a row, the West Island of Ontario Place will feature the Winter Light Exhibition, FREE public skating on a synthetic rink and community bonfires as part of Ontario Place Winter Festivities.
NEW this year, Ontario Place will launch a series of DJ skate parties at the iconic waterfront venue and bring a range of beloved films to Cinesphere.
When: November 23, 2018 – March 17, 2019
- Winter Light Exhibition:
– 18 light exhibits that shape, transmit, reflect or contain light
– Theme: Disruptive Engagement
- Skate parties:
– Skate the night away with friends and family while resident DJs spin tunes
- Cinesphere screenings in IMAX®:
– Limited-time screenings include Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Alien, Aliens, Blade Runner: The Final Cut, Blade Runner 2049: The IMAX Experience, The Fifth Element, Die Hard, Guardians of the Galaxy : An IMAX 3D Experience, The Incredibles 2 : The IMAX Experience. For Cinesphere tickets and showtimes, visit: www.ontarioplace.com/cinesphere.
- Skate Rink:
– Synthetic skate rink open to the public all winter long
– Onsite services include skate rentals, concessions, Beaver Tails food truck and site-wide music
- Community Bonfires:
– Cozy up to the bonfire while sipping hot chocolate and roasting marshmallows
- Fairy Lights:
– Over 100 trees wrapped in fairy lights throughout the West Island pathways
For more information and the most up-to-date programming, visit: www.ontarioplace.com/whatson.
NEW FESTIVAL: From Nov 29 – Dec 30, 2018, the Aurora Winter Festival takes place on the East island of Ontario Place (ticketed)