Stratford Festival runs from April – November, 2019 in Stratford, Ontario (Shakespeare country) each year and is the largest classical repertory theatre in North America.
Special Spring Rates for performances in April, May and June offer significant price reductions; more than half of the seats for these performances are available at $56 or less for plays and $66 or less for musicals, including fees.
Other ways to save include
- Early Booking Discount: available through January 31; and
- Lucky Tix: a ticket lottery offering $35 tickets for plays / $45 tickets for musicals.
Othello / Billy Elliot the Musical / The Merry Wives
of Windsor / The Front Page
Private Lives / Little Shop of Horrors / The Neverending Story / The Crucible
Henry VIII / Mother’s Daughter / Nathan the Wise / Birds of a Kind
How to Get There
If you don’t have a car – no problem! The Stratford Festival offers a coach from Toronto to the Theatres in Stratford for a reasonable fare.
In addition to twice-daily bus service from downtown Toronto, there will be weekend service from Vaughan and Kitchener-Waterloo.
Bus service from downtown Toronto continues for $29 round trip.
It departs from the InterContinental Toronto Centre on Front St daily (10:00 am)
- Monday through Saturday from April 16 – June 1, and
- Tuesday through Sunday from June 4 – November 3.
A second bus, at 3:00 pm, is offered
- Tuesday through Saturday from May 28 to October 12, and
- Fridays and Saturdays from October 18 to November 2.
Return buses depart Stratford at 5:00 pm and 11:00 pm.
- May 3 – June 1: buses depart from the Colossus Drive Carpool Lot at Hwy. 400 and 7 (9:30 am on Fri & Sat).
- June 7 – November 3: service will be offered on Fri, Sat & Sun.
Return buses depart Stratford at 5:00 pm.
Round-trip tickets are priced at $29.
- May 3 – June 1: bus departs Waterloo Town Square (11 a.m. on Fri & Sat), with return buses departing Stratford at 5 p.m.
- June 7 – November 3, the service will be offered on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Round-trip tickets are priced at $19.
Family Fun Days
Not only does everyone in the family pay the same reduced rate for The Neverending Story on May 20 & 25, but they also get to enjoy special FREE pre-show activities.
Tickets for these special dates start at $45 (incl fees).
Bravo Zone – NEW!
Offers 150,000 seats for $41, including all fees. This new price is available for all performances at the Festival and Avon theatres.
Tickets are available
- online (link below)
- by phone at 1.800.567.1600, or
- in person during business hours at the Festival Theatre box office at 55 Queen Street, Stratford.
Tip: St Jacobs country (Menonites) which includes Elmira and nearby Elora (Gorge/Falls) is on your way to Stratford.
PLAN AHEAD if you intend to stay longer – try and confirm reservations with B&B’s months in advance as all the popular ones book up quite quickly – even a year in advance!